As General Counsel to book and audio book publisher Phoenix Books (and subsidiary companies Phoenix Books and Audio, Inc, Dove Books, and Phoenix Books and Film), firm founder Mitra Ahouraian negotiated and drafted hundreds of book and audio book publishing agreements and other agreements pertaining to the book publishing industry. Having been on the other side, Ahouraian Law is in a unique position to negotiate your contracts as an author.
Just a few titles of book deals Ms. Ahouraian drafted and negotiated include:
- Larry King's My Remarkable Journey;
- Carl Reiner's most recent books;
- Bill Maher's audio books; and books by:
- Governor Rod Blagojevich;
- CNN and Inside Edition host Jim Moret; and
- Gene Simmons.
Ahouraian Law handles all legal matters that may arise in the course of a publication, including:
- Book and Audio Book Publishing Agreements,
- Distribution Agreements (including online distribution agreements);
- Foreign License Agreements,
- Artist/Reader Agreements,
- Illustrator Agreements,
- Option Agreements,
- Life Story Rights Agreements,
- Photo and artwork clearance,
- Legal reads and clearance of manuscripts for liability issues such as defamation, right of privacy, etc.;
- Trademark and Copyright Filings,
- Cease and desist letters defending and protecting Intellectual Property rights.
Additionally, Ms. Ahouraian structured, negotiated, drafted, and closed the purchase of two large-scale libraries of book and audio book titles, and has litigated several high- profile breach of contract and intellectual property disputes over book publishing deals. Such lawsuits include successfully defending a case brought by a U.S. Congressman, and obtaining a dismissal (and subsequent grant of attorney's fees) of a lawsuit regarding a famous celebrity against her book publisher.