LET US GIVE YOU THAT FREEDOM.
You have a story to tell. Whether you are telling it through television, film, music videos, or shorts, you are making magic, and it’s exciting. But you don’t want any problems down the road, and you know you need to document your deals with everyone involved. You need a tough negotiator that will make sure you get favorable terms. You need someone experienced in the industry to make sure your agreements comply with the various union rules. The Writers Guild of America, The Directors Guild of America, and The Screen Actors Guild each have hundreds of rules you have to comply with or your production may get shut down and end up in expensive arbitration. Where do you begin?
YOU NEED AN EXPERT MOTION PICTURE ATTORNEY.
Ahouraian Law has established itself as one of the premiere entertainment firms in the motion picture industry. Located in the entertainment hub of Los Angeles, our attorneys regularly speak on panels and as experts in the industry. The firm’s founder, a rare-Los Angeles native with a thorough understanding of the motion picture industry and connection to its players, is on the Board of the prestigious and growing Bel Air Film Festival in Los Angeles. Our expertise includes entertainment finance, co-productions, joint ventures, and private investment; negotiating and drafting production agreements; and production and corporate advisory services.
Examples of our work include:
- Negotiating & drafting Investor Agreements, Private Placement Memoranda, & Loan Documents;
- Rights acquisitions such as Option Agreements;
- Negotiating and drafting Above-the-Line and Below-the-Line Production Agreements, and Production and Corporate Advisory Services;
- Tax Credit guidance;
- Negotiating and drafting Distribution Agreements;
- Intellectual Property protection, registration, licensing and sales;
- Internet and New media applications, distribution platforms, and other trans-media opportunities;
- International motion picture subsidies, tax credits, and rebates;
- Government production subsidies and tax breaks;
- Protecting rights to Intellectual Property and content in original and New Media applications;
- Representing and advising creative and technical talent.
Our clients include producers, talent, financiers, directors, crew, talent agents and managers, production companies, and other corporate media executives.